Monday, January 11, 2010

new york new york - part 1

[context of a movie like pyaar to hona hi tha is recommended] :)

It was 2004. I had planned my trip to new york as a revenge. How dare he break my heart? I had decided that when we met again, I would make him fall in love with me & break his heart. So filmi.So what.

He and I never really dated. But have you felt this sense of belonging with somebody without really being in a relationship? It was wierd. I had my shekhar(character from pyaar to hona hi tha), except that all he did was drop me to the airport to catch a flight to new york. And he gave me his cell phone- "call me if he breaks your heart, yet again" is all he said. I laughed. As I got onto the flight there was a strange sense of excitment. Usually, when I planned such trips, I had a checklist of what to do and when. For new york, I seemed to unreasonably well prepared. As the flight took off, I smelled victory and fell asleep, rather happy - not knowing that the days ahead would be the most eventful 3 days of my life.

The red eye landed at laguardia promptly at 6:00 AM. I got down from the flight and seems to be in a rush to other passengers. You know how people are..I waited at the baggage claim - he was nowhere to be found. I thought "Will he show up or not?". I waited. And waited. He never showed up.

{to be continued}

1 comment:

Prerna said...

Good job!
when can we read part 2?